- Persons 16 years of age and older can apply for paddlefish
- Person must have a valid or current Resident or Non-resident
Commercial Fishing License to apply for Paddlefish Permits.
- An individual can apply for more than one type of Mississippi
- Mississippi residents can apply for any type of paddlefish
- Non-residents can only apply to for Paddlefish Processor and/or
Paddlefish Processing Agent Permits.
- Applications for Paddlefish Harvester Permits
will be only be accepted from October 1 - 15, 2015.
Those wishing to apply for Paddlefish Harvester
Permits must apply at:
To be included in the drawing for Harvesters, you must also
apply by October 15, 2015 at:
There are two drawings that Paddlefish Harvesters can apply
1. All open waters except Moon Lake
2. Moon Lake
Applications for Paddlefish Helper, Paddlefish
Processor, and Paddlefish Processing Agent will be
accepted from October 1, 2015 - April 10, 2016. Applications for
these permits should be done at:
- All persons assisting those with a Paddlefish Harvester permit
must have a Paddlefish Helper permit.
- All persons working for a Paddlefish Processor in a processing
facility must have a Paddlefish Processing Agent permit.
- All applicants will be subject to a law enforcement violation
- The purchase of any Paddlefish permit is contingent on the
condition that permit applicants have not been convicted, within
the last three (3)years, of any violations of any state or federal
fish and wildlife laws or regulations pertaining to the management
of Paddlefish nor have a fish/wildlife violation equivalent to a
Class 1 Mississippi violation.
- Applicants that intend to purchase a Paddlefish Harvester
Permit and/or a Paddlefish Processor Permit must attend a mandatory
meeting to be held at the North Mississippi Fish Hatchery in Enid
Mississippi on November 12, 2015.
The MDWFP reserves the right to limit the number of Mississippi
Paddlefish Harvester Permits to 16 people. When requests
exceed available permits, selection of applicants will be by random
Only 10 Paddlefish Harevesters will be drawn to fish at Moon
Lake from February 22-26, 2016.
All applicants will be notified by either mail, phone or email
whether or not they are approved to purchase Mississippi Paddlefish
Selected applicants must notify the MDWFP by
November 1 that they intend to purchase a Paddlefish Harvester
Permit. Persons failing to do so will be replaced with substitute
Paddlefish Permits Costs
Paddlefish Harvester - $1,000
Paddelfish Helper - $200
Paddlefish Proceesor (resident) - $1,000
Paddlefish Processor (non-resident) - $2,000
Paddlefish Processing Agent - $200
For more information call Dennis Riecke at (601)