Paddlefish Application Information for Paddlefish Permits
- Persons 16 years of age and older can apply for paddlefish permits.
- Person must have a valid or current Resident or Non-resident Commercial Fishing License to apply for Paddlefish Permits.
- An individual can apply for more than one type of Mississippi Paddlefish permit.
- Mississippi residents can apply for any type of paddlefish permit.
- Non-residents can only apply to for Paddlefish Processor and/or Paddlefish Processing Agent Permits.
- Applications for Paddlefish Harvester Permits will be only be accepted from October 1 - 15 of the current year.
Those wishing to apply for Paddlefish Harvester Permits must apply at:
To be included in the drawing for Harvesters, you must also apply by October 15 of the current year at:
There is One (1) drawing that Paddlefish Harvesters can apply for:
- Commercial Paddlefish Harvest for 2017-2018 season
Applications for Paddlefish Helper, Paddlefish Processor, and Paddlefish Processing Agent will be accepted from October 1, 2017 - April 10, 2018. Applications for these permits should be done at:
- All persons assisting those with a Paddlefish Harvester permit must have a Paddlefish Helper permit.
- All persons working for a Paddlefish Processor in a processing facility must have a Paddlefish Processing Agent permit.
- All applicants will be subject to a law enforcement violation check.
- The purchase of any Paddlefish permit is contingent on the condition that permit applicants have not been convicted, within the last three (3)years, of any violations of any state or federal fish and wildlife laws or regulations pertaining to the management of Paddlefish nor have a fish/wildlife violation equivalent to a Class 1 Mississippi violation.
- Applicants that intend to purchase a Paddlefish Harvester Permit and/or a Paddlefish Processor Permit must attend a mandatory meeting to be held at the North Mississippi Fish Hatchery in Enid Mississippi on November 7, 2017.
The MDWFP reserves the right to limit the number of Mississippi Paddlefish Harvester Permits to 16 people. When requests exceed available permits, selection of applicants will be by random drawing.
All applicants will be notified by either mail, phone or email whether or not they are approved to purchase Mississippi Paddlefish permits.
Selected applicants must notify the MDWFP by November 1 that they intend to purchase a Paddlefish Harvester Permit. Persons failing to do so will be replaced with substitute applicants.
Paddlefish Permits Costs
Paddlefish Harvester - $1,000
Paddelfish Helper - $200
Paddlefish Processor (resident) - $1,000
Paddlefish Processor (non-resident) - $2,000
Paddlefish Processing Agent - $200
For more information call Dennis Riecke at (601) 432-2207 or email@example.com