MDWFP Fisheries Biologists provide pond information through
phone calls, faxes, mail, and Email. Onsite sampling of ponds
may be done only after the receipt of an application for such and
the District Fisheries Biologist determines if this service is
necessary to assess the current pond situation. This is a free
2016 Pond Management Workshops
The MDWFP Fisheries Bureau will be conducting pond management
workshops during 2016. The workshops consist of an hour-long
presentation and include topics on pond design, fish stocking,
harvest, vegetation control, liming, and fertilizing. The
2016 schedule can be viewed here.
MDWFP does NOT:
- Provide free fish for stocking
- Provide funds for pond construction
- Provide funds for the purchase of fish or aquatic
- Apply lime, fertilizer or any aquatic chemical
- Perform onsite population assessments in ponds less than 1 acre
or those managed by private pond consultants.
- Perform onsite population assessments without the receipt of an
application for such service.
- Test water for pollution or toxic chemicals