MDWFP Fisheries Biologists provide pond information through phone calls, faxes, mail, and Email. Onsite sampling of ponds may be done only after the receipt of an application for such and the District Fisheries Biologist determines if this service is necessary to assess the current pond situation. This is a free service.
2015 Pond Management Workshops
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) Fisheries Bureau is conducting 11 pond management workshops during 2015. The workshops consist of an hour-long presentation and include topics on pond design, fish stocking, harvest, vegetation control, liming, and fertilizing.
Click here to view the schedule.
- Technical Assistance Offices
- Farm Pond Management Booklet
- Dam Construction Permits
- Where to Buy Fish
- MS State Pond Publications
- Liming & Fertilization
- Plant Identification & Control
- Small Bass Issues
The MDWFP does NOT:
- Provide free fish for stocking
- Provide funds for pond construction
- Provide funds for the purchase of fish or aquatic chemicals
- Remove dead or live fish from ponds
- Apply lime, fertilizer or any aquatic chemical
- Perform onsite population assessments in ponds less than 1 acre or those managed by private pond consultants.
- Perform onsite population assessments without the receipt of an application for such service.
- Test water for pollution or toxic chemicals