Home      Contact Us      Calendar     
pic box

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a DWFP - Law Enforcement Trainee (Cadet) position?

Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age; and have successfully completed sixty-four (64) semester hours at an accredited community college or university or has an Associate Degree from an accredited community college or has passed the Law Enforcement Academy and has at least five (5) years experience in law enforcement.

How do I apply for a job with Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks?

There must be an open position.  All positions are posted on the State Personnel Board's website at www.mspb.ms.gov under job seekers and on the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks website at www.mdwfp.com under Human Resources/Career Opportunities.

May I add my spouse to my health insurance?

Yes, if there is a loss of coverage the spouse may be added at anytime. If there is not a loss of coverage, the spouse may only be added during open enrollment.

How can I find out what insurance will pay?

Contact Blue Cross/Blue Shield at 1-800-709-7881 before your doctor or hospital visit. Please have your identification card available when making the call, if you do not have an identification card, you may use your social security number. 

What is the name of our life insurance company?

Minnesota Life Insurance Company is the State of Mississippi Life Insurance Carrier.


No positions are
currently being recruited
at this time.