Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
1505 Eastover Drive, Jackson, MS, 39211
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
New Public Shooting Range Set to Open on May 30
JACKSON-The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) is pleased to announce the opening of Mississippi's newest public shooting range. McHenry Shooting Range, located in South Mississippi near Perkinston, will open on May 30, following an Open House on May 29 from 1 - 4 p.m.
McHenry Shooting Range includes:
- Pistol Range: 20 shooting lanes with ranges from 5, 10, and 20 yards. Shooters will utilize target stands and frames provided by McHenry Shooting Range.
- Rifle Ranges: two ranges with ten shooting tables per range. We provide movable target stands; shooters are able to engage targets out to 170 yards.
- Skeet and Trap: three Olympic-style skeet ranges and one trap range on the premises for shooters to hone their shooting abilities throughout the year.
- 5 Stand: the 5 Stand is built on a pier overlooking a small lake surrounded by sporting clay throwers. Actual hunting conditions will ready you for hunting season or just to test your skills.
- Archery: two archery ranges utilizing both known distance sighting-in targets and 3D animal targets at unknown distances.
Mississippi residents may purchase an annual range permit for $40.00 or may pay a daily fee of $5.50 per hour.
McHenry Shooting Range is located at 1060 E. McHenry Rd, Perkinston, MS 39573.
For more information regarding McHenry Shooting Range, visit us at www.mdwfp.com or call us at 601-928-1645.
Find us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Share with your friends!