Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
1505 Eastover Drive, Jackson, MS, 39211
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Light Goose Conservation Order Resumes
JACKSON- Waterfowl hunters are reminded that even though the regular waterfowl season ends on January 29, additional light goose huntingopportunity will be available for late winter and early spring. The light goose conservation order is a special hunting opportunity to help control expanding populations of snow, blue, and Ross's geese (collectively called light geese). The remainder of this special opportunity will be from January 30th to February 3rd, 2012. The light goose conservation order will be closed for the weekend of February 4th - 5th for the Youth Waterfowl Hunting Season, and will be open again from February 6th to March 31st, 2012.
Regulations for the light goose conservation order are as follows:
- There is no daily bag limit or possession limit during the Conservation Order.
- Snow, blue, and Ross' geese are the only birds legal for harvest.
- A free permit number is required to hunt light geese during the Conservation Order.
- Permit numbers are obtained by calling (601) 432 - 2199 (Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm).
- The use of electronic calling devices is allowed.
- The use of unplugged shotguns is allowed.
- Shooting hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
- Hunters are required to have a valid Mississippi hunting license and Mississippi waterfowl stamp.
- Hunters are not required to have a federal waterfowl stamp.
- Hunters must use steel or other approved non-toxic shot shells.
Find us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Share with your friends!