Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
1505 Eastover Drive, Jackson, MS, 39211
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
WMA Waterfowl Draw Hunt Applications Available October 14
JACKSON - The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) will begin accepting applications for waterfowl draw hunts on several Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) on October 14. Applications must be submitted online at www.mdwfp.com/draws. WMAs offering waterfowl draw hunts are Charlie Capps, Howard Miller, Indianola, Mahannah, Muscadine Farms, Tuscumbia, and Trim Cane. Hunters can select the WMA of their choice and assign priority to the dates they wish to hunt.
There will be five separate draw periods available to hunters. Each draw period will allow applications for a specific set of hunt dates and will close at least two weeks prior to the first hunt date in that period. Applications may be submitted during the following dates:
- 1st Draw Period: October 14 - November 3 for hunts November 22 - December 1
- 2nd Draw Period: November 4 - November 17 for hunts December 4 - 15
- 3rd Draw Period: November 18 - December 1 for hunts December 16 - 29
- 4th Draw Period: December 2 - December 15 for hunts December 30 - January 12
- 5th Draw Period: December 16 - December 29 for hunts January 13 - 26
Hunters may apply for a hunt in each hunt period on as many WMAs as they wish. All waterfowl draw hunts will be for one day. Drawn applicants will be notified by email. All applicants must be 16 years of age or older and hold a valid Mississippi hunting license.
For more information regarding waterfowl in Mississippi, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/waterfowl or call us at (601) 432-2199.
Find us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Share with your friends!