Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
1505 Eastover Drive, Jackson, MS, 39211
Friday, March 15, 2013
Museum to Host 13th Annual NatureFEST on April 6, 2013
Jackson -Now in its thirteenth year, "NatureFEST" will get visitors of all ages into the swing of spring on Saturday, April 6, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks' Museum of Natural Science. "NatureFEST is a festival, a nature outing, and a fascinating Museum trip, all wrapped into one exciting day," explains education coordinator Megan Fedrick. Visitors can:
- Hike the Ranger Rick geocaching trail and log the treasures they find.
- Paddle down the Pearl River in a 12 person canoe with John Rusky of the Quapaw Canoe Company.
- Meet and be inspired by acclaimed author, recording artist and storyteller Doug Elliott.
- Practice archery, dig for fossils, or be amazed with Bubbleology while learning the science of making large bubbles.
- Participate in live reptile demonstrations or watch divers feed the fish in the giant Museum aquariums.
- Enjoy a stroll through the Museum's native plant garden and shop for native plants.
- Watch an expert blacksmith in action.
- Build a giant Zyghoriza floor puzzle.
- Go behind the scenes with Museum scientists to learn about their unique tools, tour the labs, and discover how valuable specimens in the Museum Collections are acquired and maintained.
- Explore the Rainforest Adventure exhibit.
There is no fee, other than regular Museum admission, to attend the event. The Museum is located at 2148 Riverside Drive in Jackson, Mississippi.
For more information about the Museum, visit our website at http://www.msnaturalscience.org or call us at 601-576-6000.
Find us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter
Share with your friends!