6/10/2018 8:17:34 AM
JACKSON - Conservation Officers from the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) claimed the title of “Fittest in the Nation” as they took the top spot at the 17th annual National LawFit Challenge held this past weekend in Southaven, MS. Over 150 law enforcement officers from around the country competed in this year’s challenge, testing officers in six different events: bench press, 1.5-mile run, sit-ups, flexibility, pull-ups, and a suspect pursuit course.
The 2018 MDWFP LawFit team consisted of the following officers: Pvt. Derrick Scott, Corp. Justin Gates, Pvt. Cody Barber, Pvt. Cody Corso, Pvt. Tamarrius Good, Lt. Ricky Barry, Lt. Marcus Christon, Pvt. Karri Fulton.
The 2018 MDWFP LawFit team placed in the following events:
- 1st place bench press – Corp. Justin Gates
- 1st place 1.5-mile run – Pvt. Derrick Scott
- 1st place pull-ups – Lt. Marcus Christon
- 1st place suspect pursuit course – Lt. Marcus Christon
- 1st overall male – Pvt. Derrick Scott 397
- 2nd overall male – Lt. Marcus Christon 395
- 3rd overall male – Corp. Justin Gates 390
- 1st place Mixed pairs division – Pvt. Derrick Scott, Pvt. Karri Fulton
- 1st place overall 4 man team – Pvt. Derrick Scott, Lt. Marcus Christon, Corp. Justin Gates, and Pvt. Cody Barber
“Our officers are the best of the best and this weekend’s competition shows that. I am extremely proud of all of these officers who represented themselves and their agency in such a positive light. Job well done,” said Colonel Steve Adcock.
For more information regarding conservation in Mississippi, visit www.mdwfp.com or call (601) 432-2200. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/mdwfp or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDWFPonline.