1/22/2018 9:33:45 AM
JACKSON - Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned professional, do not miss this morning of informative seminars for fishermen and fun activities for families on Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. at MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science. Food will be available for purchase.
Here’s what is “on the hook” for the day:
- “Introduction to Family Fishing” (10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.) and “Using Technology to Fish” (11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.),
- Take a behind the scenes Aquarium tour and meet marine life in a touch tank,
- See an MDWFP electrofishing boat used to assess fish populations and explore new fishing technology and gear,
- Enjoy crafts, casting, and baiting lessons,
- Meet the Brandon High School Bass Fishing Team, and
- Get FREE lures from Lake Fork Trophy Lures and register to win a door prize from Rod Sox.
"Spend the morning exploring family-friendly activity stations, get answers to your questions concerning fish and fishing techniques from our panel, and explore the latest apps, technology, and gear used in modern fishing. This event is a great introduction to fishing in Mississippi,” explains museum director Charles Knight. The event is included in the regular museum admission fee of $6 for adults, $4 for youth ages 3-18, and $5 for senior citizens ages 60 and up. Museum Members are free with a membership.
For details, visit http://www.mdwfp.com/museum or call 601-576-6000. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/msnaturalscience or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/MSScienceMuseum or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MSScienceMuseum.