5/18/2018 9:52:06 AM
Applications will be available for purchase online via the MDWFP Website beginning June 1 and will be available through June 7, 2018. The application is free. There is a processing fee ($2.39) for all applications. A credit card or debit card is required for online purchases. Applications may also be purchased over-the-counter at any location that sells MS Hunting/Fishing Licenses. Applicants may apply in only one the seven alligator hunting zones of their choice. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age prior to June 1 and must possess a valid resident pre-requisite hunting license or a Lifetime License at the time of purchase (See list of eligible licenses below).
Applicants must have one of the following licenses to be eligible to apply: a valid Mississippi Sportsman License, All-Game Hunting/Fishing License, Small Game Hunting/Fishing License, Apprentice Sportsman License, Apprentice All Game License, Apprentice Small Game License, Senior Exempt License, Disabled Exempt License, or Lifetime License.
- There is a processing fee ($2.39) for all applications.
- A valid email address is required to apply.
- Notifications to drawn applicants will be sent via email, therefore, make sure you have a valid email address that you will check regularly.
- Check your current MS hunting license to be sure it is an eligible license (See list above).
- If your license is eligible, check to make sure your that it will not be expired on the day of application purchase.
- If your license is not eligible or if you do not possess a license, purchase an eligible license at least 24 hours prior to the day that you plan to purchase the application to allow processing and data updates in the license system.
- If you have an eligible license, but it will expire prior to June 1-7, then renew your license in advance of June 1-7.
- If you are a full time college student in MS, but are a non-resident, you are eligible for a resident license, and therefore eligible to apply, if you possess the resident license prior to the application period.
- If you are full-time military and a non-resident stationed at a Mississippi military base, you are eligible for a resident license, and therefore eligible to apply, if you possess the resident license prior to the application period.
- Email notifications will be sent to winners on or about 12:00 Noon on June 13.
- Winners will have until 12:00 Noon, June 15 to complete the purchase of their Alligator Hunting Possession Permit ($200).
- Any unpurchased permits will revert back into a 2nd drawing that will occur on or about June 25.
- Winners of the 2nd Drawing will be notified in the same manner and have until 12:00 Noon, June 27 to purchase their Alligator Hunting Possession Permit.