Fishing, Boating, and Marina
Pickwick Lake offers 47,500 acres of fresh water for fishing and water sports. The lake is brimming with crappie, bream, catfish, sauger, walleye, and most species of bass. A Mississippi fishing license is required for all persons between the ages of 16 and 65 and may be purchased at the park office (Cash/Master Card/Visa only). For fishing licenses purposes please keep in mind Pickwick Lake spans portions of three states.
Boating and Boat Launch
Pickwick Lake is available for water sports and skiing. A boat launch ramp and trailer parking are provided for in the park. An entrance fee is charged for day use guest.
The marina features three docks (A, B, C) offering monthly rental, one covered transient dock with 10 day rental, and a daily rental covered dock. Monthly rental at Dock A, B, and C includes the slip and water only. Electrical hookups of 30/50 amp are available for each slip (Dock A, B, C). However, electrical service is provided by the local utility directly to the renter. The renter is responsible for contacting utility company and setting up electrical service.
- Dock A: Rate of $233 per month, covered 48 foot slips
- Dock A: Rate of $219 per month, covered 40 foot slips
- Dock A: Rate of $219 per month, 48 foot slips
- Dock B: rate of $112 per month, 64 foot slips
- Dock B: Rate of $186 per month, covered 32 foot slips
- Dock B: Rate of $56 per month, 32 foot slips
- Dock C: Rate of $186 per month, covered 32 foot slips
- Dock C: Rate of $56 per month, 32 foot slips
- Transient Dock: Rate of $1.00 per foot, 10 day maximum stay, 26 foot boats or larger, includes electricity (30/50 amp hook-up) and water
- Daily Rental Dock: Rate of $6 per day, covered, includes electricity
Additional marina services include fuel sales for boaters at the dock area and ice sales from the park office. The marina fueling area is not staffed year-round; please call ahead for park staff to be available to meet your needs at the fueling area. Public restrooms are available at the marina. Restrooms are open seasonally. Sewer dumping is available by calling the park office for available staff to assist in sewer pumping.
For additional information, please call the State Park Operations office at (601) 432-2226.