Celebrate Black History Month with Science Makers!
Want to meet the science makers of our world? Then join us for a celebration of women and minorities who are changing the face of scientific exploration.
This event showcases interactive STEM-activities and discussions to inspire curiosity about educational and scientific career opportunities.
This event is included with the regular museum admission fee. Download event flyer.
*STEM topics/agencies at the event:
- Oobleck Fun for Young Scientists with museum preschool educator Denise Mason
- Making Slime with MSU Chemistry Club
- Robots - Lego FIRST VISTA/Southern Region
- Medical uses of plants with Tribal Biologist Mitzi Reed
- 3D-print technology with USM mathematics
- Falconry with Symeon Robins
- BioScience with Office of Sustainability, Nkrumah Frazier
- Intro to Genetics/Classification with museum staff geneticist Sheena Feist
- STEM Institute
- Scientific Illustration with Biolgist Jeannie Jones
- Bird Identification with Coastal Bird Stewardship/Audubon MS
*topics subject to change*