Hunters of the
June 23, 2007 - December 30, 2007
Children of all ages enjoyed this hands-on national traveling exhibit about raptors-the great birds of prey.
For thousands of years, raptors have gripped the human imagination, being revered as divine messengers, prized as hunting companions, and celebrated as symbols of power. Visitors explored the biology and ecology of raptors-eagles, hawks, falcons, owls, and the reclusive condor-diverse and complex birds of prey whose survival is fundamentally linked to humans.
In addition to life-size dioramas that illustrate the majesty of raptors in their natural habitats, Hunters of the Sky offered many interactive components to engross both children and adults and periodic showings of live birds of prey enhanced the exhibit.
Special thanks go to the following for their support of the
Hunters of the Sky exhibit:
- Regions Bank
- Gertrude C. Ford Foundation
- Merrill Lynch
- Mr. & Mrs. Alex Alston, Jr.
- Dudley J. Hughes
- Nissan of North America, Inc.
- Community Foundation of Greater Jackson
- Jackie & Avery Rollins
- Joye & Scott Steele
- Magalen O. Bryant
- Melissa & David Patterson
- Brunini, Grantham, Grower, Hewes
- Chris & Steve Zachow
- Deborah & Hunter Dawkins
- Deviney Construction Company
- Nora Frances & Vaughn McRae
- Rosalie B. Rotwein
- Ollye B. Shirley, Ph.D.
- Dick Hall
- Newt P. Harrison
- Hap & Hilda Owen
- Patagonia / Buffalo Peak Outfitters
- Drs. John & Connie Schimmel
- Robert Smith, M.D.
- Robert & Eleanor WeaverPress Release
Download a Press Release for Hunters of the Sky.
View tv and radio Media Promotion for Hunters of the Sky.
High Resolution Images
Click on a thumbnail below to view a high-resolution version.