Alligator Application Process
Welcome to the application process for permits to hunt alligators on public waters in Mississippi during the 2017 Alligator Hunting Season (August 25-September 4, 2017).
The 1st Drawing for 2017 Public Water Alligator Hunting Permits will take place on June 14, 2017.
- A random drawing for each hunting zone will be completed on about June 14 by a third-party-entity.
- A second drawing will occur on about June 26 to draw winners to fill any unpurchased permits that remain from the first drawing in each alligator hunting zone.
- The second drawing will consist of all applicants who were not drawn in the first drawing.
- The second drawing will occur only for zones that have unpurchased permits remaining from the first drawing.
How will winners be notified?
- Notifications will be sent via email to the winners, or you may “Check Your Status” here to see if you have been drawn after 12:00 Noon on June 14th.
- Winners will have 48 hours to complete their online permit purchase. PERMIT PURCHASES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 12:00 NOON ON JUNE 16th.
- The permit cost is $200.
- Winners of the 2nd drawing will be notified by email and will also be provided a link to purchase their permit. They will have 48 hours to purchase their permit.
How will I receive my permits and tags?
- Winners who successfully purchase their permit will receive their Permit/License/Tags in the mail in approximately 2 weeks.
- The Temporary Possession Tags are attached to the paper Permit/License and are to be torn off, signed, and placed onto your alligator, as required.
Can you still apply for a permit? The application deadline was June 7th. No additional applications will be accepted.
Please check back to this page after 12:00 Noon on June 14th for updates.
A 2017 Alligator Hunting Guide will be mailed to you separately from your permit.