Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is DMAP?

The Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) is a comprehensive deer management program consisting of data collection and cooperator education. Using this, the MDWFP tries to put the landowner/cooperator in a better position to manage their lands for a healthy deer herd, while maintaining habitat integrity. Read More ...

Q. Can I hunt hogs in Mississippi?


Please refer to the following link for additional information:

Q. Is it legal to transport feral hogs?

The only legal means of transporting feral hogs in the state of Mississippi is with a permit. A feral hog transport permit can be obtained by calling the 24-hour hotline and providing the following information: