Wild Turkey Habitat and Management
Wild turkeys can be found across a variety of different habitat types within Mississippi. However, they do depend upon specific habitat types at different times throughout the year, and the lack of these components can limit turkey populations within a given area.
The following articles are meant to inform landowners and managers about the requirements that turkeys have in regards to habitat, and ways in which these needs can be addressed on-the-ground.
- Introduction to Habitat Management
- Forest Management for Wild Turkeys
- Wildlife Forestry in Bottomland Hardwoods: Desired Forest Conditions for Wild Turkey, White-tailed Deer, and Other Wildlife
- Sculpting the Ideal Turkey Woods: Timber Management for Wild Turkeys
- Pine Forestland Habitat Management for Wildlife
- Managing Streamside Zones for Wildlife (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)
- Managing for Timber and Wildlife Diversity (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)
- Rights-of-Ways for Wildlife (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)
- Roads and Wildlife (NWTF Wildlife Bulletin Series)