Light Goose Conservation Order
The light goose conservation order is a special hunting opportunity to help control expanding populations of snow, blue, and Ross's geese (collectively called light geese).
Light Goose Conservation Order Dates 2019-20
- October 1, 2019 - November 10, 2019
- February 1, 2020 - February 7, 2020
- February 9, 2020 - March 31, 2020
- A free permit number is required to hunt light geese during the Conservation Order (click the link below).
- There is no daily bag limit or possession limit during the Conservation Order
- Snow, blue, and Ross' geese are the only birds legal for harvest
- The use of electronic calling devices is allowed
- The use of unplugged shotguns is allowed
- Shooting hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset
- Hunters need a valid Mississippi hunting license and STATE waterfowl stamp
- Hunters are not required to have federal waterfowl stamps
- Hunters must use steel or other approved non-toxic shot shells