From Indianola, go north on Sunflower Ave., approximately 2.2 miles and turn right onto Steiner Rd. Go north approximately 9 miles and turn left onto Hughes Ertle Rd. Go 2 miles and the headquarters will be on your right. If you have any questions regarding William C. (Billy) Deviney WMA call (662) 335-2422.
William C. (Billy) Deviney Wildlife Management Area (WMA) is located 10 miles north of Indianola and is managed as a waterfowl hunting area.
- Rules and Regs for William C. (Billy) Deviney WMA
- WMA Interactive Map
- William C. (Billy) Deviney Area Map
- William C. (Billy) Deviney Hunt Unit Map
- William C. (Billy) Deviney 2017 Crop Type Map
- William C. (Billy) Deviney Dove Field
- Waterfowl Hunting Information
- Handicapped Hunter Access
- Local Weather
- Area is mostly moist soil habitat with some planted sorghum and soybeans.
- Cover within some impoundments is limited due to excessive rainfall during the spring and summer.
- ATV/UTVs are recommended but some hunt units can be accessed by foot.
- Some type of small layout boat, layout blind with tub, etc. to allow hunter to reduce silhouette, is highly recommended.
- Camouflage - Tan or brown camouflage (e.g. Fast Grass) in moist soil units is recommended.