2017-2018 Squirrel Hunts
All Squirrel Hunts:
- Limited hunt system open to Mississippi residents only.
- Hunters must check the permit station for available hunting locations.
- Squirrel hunting will be allowed on Friday - Wednesday from February 2 - 28 and May 15 - June 1.
- Legal weapons for small game hunting are shotguns using #2 shot or smaller, rifles or handguns no larger than .22 rimfire (which includes .22 magnums), muzzleloading rifles .40 caliber or smaller, and archery equipment using arrows with points other than broadheads.
- No dogs allowed.
- February 2 - 28 - Eight (8) squirrels per person per day.
- May 15 - June 1 - Four (4) squirrels per person per day.