Mississippi Department of
Wildlife, Fisheries, & Parks
Boating Access Grant Program
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks Boating Access Program can provide assistance to Municipal, County and other governmental entities to develop or improve boating access facilities on public lakes or rivers.
Projects can be new developments or improvements to existing facilities including, but not limited to:
Boat Launching Ramps
Fish Cleaning Stations
The 75/25 match program is funded through the Sport Fish Restoration, Federal Aid Program and administered by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks. Total outlay costs and/or in-kind work or donations are eligible for reimbursement at 75%.
The State Boating Access Program receives funding from the Federal Aid in Sport Fish Restoration Act. Funds for the federal program are derived from the federal gasoline tax generated by sales of gasoline for recreational motorboats and a federal excise tax on the sales of fishing tackle and trolling motors. Fifteen percent of the state's annual apportionment from this federal program must be used to provide public recreational boating access. Approval of grants are subject to the availability of Federal funding. Sponsors requesting assistance for new boating access facilities must submit an application to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks for approval prior to any construction activities for which assistance is requested.
- A minimum of 25% percent of the total cost of the project must be funded by the grant recipient.
- The cooperator must have full rights to possess and use the site for a minimum of 25 years.
- Facility must be open to the general public with no user fees charged for the use of the facility.
- Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines must be followed.
- All applications must be submitted by May 1 of each year.
For More information please contact:
MDWFP/Boating Access Program
1505 Eastover Dr.
Jackson, MS 39211