Becoming a Conservation Officer
Answer the following questions.
- Are you looking for a rewarding career?
- Are you self motivated?
- Do you enjoy working with people one on one or in groups?
- Do you believe it's important to conserve and protect our natural resources?
- Do you enjoy helping people have a safe and enjoyable time in the outdoors?
If you answered yes to any of the last five questions, you may have made the first step to a rewarding career opportunity.
Steps to apply for a Conservation Officer Position
- You can apply for this position on the internet at Mississippi State Personnel Board. Under Job Openings, you will search under the department labeled "DWFP - WILDLIFE AND FISHERIES" for the "Law Enforcement Officer I (Degree)" job title.
- The Personnel Board will notify the applicant if there is a problem with their application, or inform them if they are eligible.
When can I expect to be contacted by MDWFP concerning my application?
- Conservation Officer's are normally hired once a year.
- We ask for a register of eligible applicants from the Personnel Board.
- If your name appears on the register, you will receive a pre-interview packet from us.
All the Questions and answers you need to know about becoming a Conservation officer.
457 CR 36 Box 100
Enid, MS 38927
506 Highway 43 South
Canton, MS 39046
1201 N. Clark Avenue
Magnolia, MS 39652