Spring Turkey Season (Raccoon / Rabbit)
The running of raccoon dogs and rabbit dogs will be allowed from 1 hour after sunset until 3:00 a.m. on the following lands:
- A landowner and their accompanying guests may hunt on any lands titled in his/her name.
- Private lands where hunters have consent from the landowner(s) on a minimum of 250 contiguous acres.
- Public lands, excluding MDWFP Wildlife Management Areas, where the governmental agency charged with the management of said lands has not passed laws or regulations prohibiting the training of raccoon dogs.
Hunters must obtain a dog permit, at no charge, for each dog and are limited to two dog permits per hunter. Dogs must wear a functional tracking collar and be identified at all times with the dog permit number and the owner's contact information. A maximum of four dogs is allowed per party. Dogs must be kept upon properties for which consent has been obtained at all limes.
In addition to any penalty prescribed by law, the Commission may suspend an individual's hunting privileges and dog permit(s) for a period of one year for violation of any rules and regulations pertaining to this Public Notice.
- L 4-3792 Running of Dogs During Spring Turkey Season
- Dog Permit Application - Click Here
- Search for Previously Submitted Tag Numbers - Click Here