3/15/2019 11:19:37 AM
JACKSON – Unleash your wild side at MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science during “NatureFEST!” on Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
“We are excited to welcome Freedom Ranch Outreach Education to this year’s festival,” said Museum Director Charles Knight. “The event is a festival, a nature outing, and a fascinating museum trip, all wrapped into one exciting day! Food will be available for purchase from several food trucks, too.”
“NatureFEST!” offers a full day of fun for the whole family, including:
- Freedom Ranch Outreach Education live animal programs
- Expert guided behind-the-scenes tours of aquariums, research, and museum collections
- BioBlitz activities: team up and track down as many local species as possible
- Live reptile program with Terry Vandeventer, “The Snake Man” of Mississippi
- SCUBA diver fish feeding in the museum’s aquariums
- Outdoor play with Pump It Up plus lawn bowling and Yardz-ee, and guided or self-directed hikes on the museum’s beautiful springtime trails.
Visit http://www.mdwfp.com/museum for an event schedule/map or call 601-576-6000. Animals and activities subject to change. Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors (60+), and $4 for youth (3-18).
The museum is located at 2148 Riverside Drive in Jackson, Mississippi. Follow us on social media: www.facebook.com/msnaturalscience, www.instagram.com/MSScienceMuseum, and www.twitter.com/MSScienceMuseum.