9/21/2018 11:16:38 AM
JACKSON, MS - The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) announces several proposed changes for deer and turkey seasons approved during the September 19, 2018 Commission held at MDWFP’s Headquarters in Jackson.
- Importation of cervid carcasses from ANY state, regardless of CWD status is now prohibited.
- It is lawful to hunt less than 100 yards from feed or a feeder.
- Beginning, July 1, 2019, it is unlawful to use natural scents or lures that contain natural cervid, biofluids, or other biological material.
- Supplemental feeding from March 1 to the last day of turkey season is prohibited.
- Mandatory harvest reporting for wild turkeys will begin during the 2019 spring turkey season.
A full list of proposed and final regulations can be found at www.mdwfp.com/administration/rules/.
For more information regarding wildlife management or hunting regulations in Mississippi, visit www.mdwfp.com or call (601) 432-2400. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/mdwfp or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDWFPonline.