Great River Road State Park
NOTICE: Great River Road State Park is now managed by the City of Rosedale. For assistance please contact Willie Evans at (662) 588-2158.
Google Map Directions (link)
A new playground area is located in this Day Use Only Park.
Perry Martin Lake, a 25-acre oxbow lake of the Mississippi River, yields catches of bass, white perch, and catfish. A boat launch is available. A entrance fee is charged and may be paid at the honor box.
Perry Martin Lake, a 25-acre oxbow of the Mississippi River, yields catches of bass, white perch, and catfish. A Mississippi fishing license is required for all persons between the ages of 16 and 65. A boat launch is provided for those who wish to bring their own boats. No jet boats are allowed on Perry Martin Lake.
Things to Know
The following attractions are located within a short drive of Great River Road State Park. Please contact the City of Rosedale for additional information.
- Stoneville Wildlife Management Area
- Malmaison Wildlife Management Area
- Aaron Cotton Company Museum (Clarksdale)
- Hopson Plantation (Clarksdale)
- Mississippi River
- Winterville Mounds Park (30 miles) The site of one of the tallest Indian Mounds and the largest group of mounds in the Mississippi Valley. The mound builders occupied this village from 800 to 1000 A.D.
- Delta State University (Cleveland)
- Bologna Performing Art Center (Cleveland)
- Shopping and Dining (Cleveland)
- Historical and Local Artists (Cleveland)
- Cleveland (15 miles) Cleveland's Octoberfest, Crosstie Festival Arts Show, and several interesting trade expositions are outstanding events. Delta State University's Performing Arts Center hosts entertaining shows on a frequent schedule.
- Greenville (Host to the Delta Blues Festival in September)
- Delta Pecan Orchard (Tutwiler)