John W. Kyle State Park
Sardis, MS 38666
P: (662) 487-1345
Located on scenic Sardis Reservoir just one hour from Memphis, John W. Kyle State Park offers a wide array of recreational opportunities in an area abundant in natural beauty. The historic campus of the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) is just 25 miles away, making John W. Kyle State Park the perfect spot to spend a football weekend.
A day use entry fee is charged for all day use visitors.
- Entrance fee $2.00 per person, 5 years of age and under - free
Stay the Night
John Kyle offers 200 developed camping sites, 20 cabins, and two golf villas.
Things to Do
Mallard Pointe Golf Course
An 18-hole Championship Golf Course in Sardis, Mississippi, Mallard Pointe was rated one of the “Best Places to Play” by Golf Digest in 2004. The course was designed by Bob Cupp whose other work includes Old Waverly Golf Club, Palmetto Hall, Pumpkin Ridge, Settindown Creek, Hawk’s Ridge, Greystone, and Crosswater.
Mallard Pointe offers golfers a total practice facility. Enjoy our 10 acre grass tee area and range with six target greens, practice fairway bunker, chipping green, and putting green. 350 yards from end to end, enjoy both sides to practice variable wind conditions or simply a change of view. Sardis Golf at the Mallard Pointe Golf Course.
Things to Know
- Town Square (Oxford)
- Rowan Oak, Home of William Faulkner (Oxford)
- Upper Sardis Wildlife Management Area
- Holly Springs National Forest
- Home of John Grisham (Oxford)
- Kyle Home - (Sardis) Home of the Legislator for which this park was named
- Heflin House Museum in Sardis
- Factory Stores Outlet Mall in Batesville
- Brussel's Bonsai Nursery (Olive Branch)
- Cedar Hill Farm (Hernando)
Spring Pilgrimage (Holly Springs)
St. Jude Bass Classic
Springfest Batesville www.panolacounty.com
Delta Street Rods
Yocona International Folk Festival
Antique Engine and Tractor Show (Sardis Chamber of Commerce)
Several Golf Tournaments will be held throughout the year