Day Use Area
Picnic shelters and picnic tables are positioned in a grassed area under the canopy of large pine trees. Some tables are set near the waters edge of Geiger Lake and others are set in an adjacent wooded area with views of the lake.
Six large picnic pavilions with tables overlook Geiger Lake. The pavilions are great facilities for large group outings and family reunions. Pavilions are available by reservation. Contact the park office at (601) 582-7721.
- Pavilion #27 is lakefront and is adjacent to the splash pad and near a comfort station. It features 4 picnic tables and electricity. Water is not provided.
- Pavilion #29 is near the lake and comfort station. It features 4 picnic tables, electricity, water, and a barbecue grill.
- Pavilion #30 is near the visitor center. It features 4 picnic tables, electricity, water and a barbecue grill.
- Pavilion #33 is near a comfort station. It features 6 picnic tables, water, and a barbecue grill. Electricity is not provided.
- Pavilion #34 is near a fishing pier. It features 8 picnic tables, electricity, water, and a barbecue grill.
- Pavilion #35 is near the lakefront swim area. It features 8 picnic tables, electricity, water, and a barbecue grill.
Three comfort stations are conveniently located near paved parking areas. Lakefront playground equipment is located in the picnic area and lake swimming is permitted in a designated area.
Picnic Area Comfort Station
Lake Beach and Swimming
A sand beach and swimming area is located behind the Visitor Center. Lake swimming is also available in the picnic area at designated location.
Playgrounds with play equipment are located in the day use area. Play equipment is located in grassed areas near the visitor center and near the splash pad.
The "Trail of the Southern Pines" provides an interesting and educational look at Mississippi plant, bird, and animal life.