Purchase Process for the 2018 Public Waters Alligator Permit
(link will be active June 13 at 12 noon)
EMAILS SENT TO WINNERS:
- Emails are only sent to the email address that was provided by the applicant during the application process.
- You should have received an email confirmation after submitting your application.
- It is recommended to check your email address multiple times after 12:00 Noon June 13.
- Check spam/junk email folders for emails that may not have been received by your Inbox.
- You will NOT receive an email if you are not a winner.
FORFEITURE OF PERMIT OPPORTUNITY:
Any winner who fails to purchase their permit by the deadline will forfeit their permit and it will be submitted for a 2nd drawing of the remaining applicants in that zone to be held on June 25.
- Winners will have until 12:00 Noon on June 15 to complete the purchase of their permit.
- There are no exceptions.
- A link to purchase is provided within the email to winners.
CHECK YOUR DRAWN STATUS:
After 12:00 Noon, June 13th, customers will be able to “Check Your Status”. You will need to enter your MDWFP Customer Number and your date of birth, then you will be able to determine if you have been drawn or not.
- If you are a winner and have decided, for whatever reason, you do not want to purchase the permit, simply do nothing and when the deadline expires at 12:00 Noon, June 15th, your permit opportunity will be forfeited. This will allow the permit to be offered to a different person during the 2nd Drawing on June 25th.
- During the “Check Your Status” process, people who were not drawn in the 1st Drawing will have the option to “Opt Out” of the 2nd Drawing. This opportunity is provided for those who may have multiple friends or family that were drawn and no longer have a need for additional permits. “Opt Out” will allow the permit to be returned to the pool of available permits in the 2nd Drawing on June 25th. “Opt Out” will not affect future applications or drawings.
- “Opting Out” will allow for the permit to be drawn by someone else in the 2nd Drawing on June 25th.
- “Opting Out” will not affect your application or drawings in the future.
NO ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED
The 2nd Drawing will consist of only the remaining applicants from the 1st Drawing and any Opt-Out permit slots.