Wildlife & Hunting

Injured Wildlife

Although it may be difficult, the best action to take is to leave wildlife alone. Often, young animals that might appear to be orphaned may be picked up by an attending adult if they are simply left alone. The MDWFP does not have the capacity to conduct general wildlife rehabilitation and cannot pick up injured wildlife (except in the case of some threatened/endangered species). Private entities or individuals must apply for and be permitted to perform wildlife rehabilitation work.

FIND A REHAB FACILITY: If you must get an injured animal to a wildlife rehabilitator, contact our Jackson Office at 601-432-2199 during business hours for wildlife rehabilitation contacts or visit Wildlife Rehabilitation.

BECOME A PERMITTED REHABILITATOR: To apply for a permit, visit Wildlife Rehabilitation Permit for more information.

Share this share this share this

Sign up, Keep Up

Sign up to receive monthly newsletters featuring all the latest news and happenings from MDWFP.
- or -
Sign up to receive survey questions from MDWFP. Your information is valuable to our conservation efforts!