Turcotte Shooting Range
Fine tune your shooting skills. Whether you want to get more proficient with your bow, sight in a new rifle or hone your bird shooting skills, Turcotte range is the place to go. It houses pistol ranges, rifle ranges at different distances, archery ranges, skeet range, 5 stand and a sporting clay course.
*** Range Closure Notices
On Saturday, September 27th, the entire Turcotte Shooting Facility will be closed due to the OUTDOOR-RAMA. The Turcotte Shooting Facility will be open the following day, Sunday, September 28th, at our normal hours.
On Friday, October 3rd, the Sporting Clay Range (only the Sporting Clay Range) will be closed from tournament preparations. The entire Turcotte Shooting Facility (meaning all ranges at our Turcotte Shooting Facility) will be closed on Saturday, October 4th, for the Jacob Reeves Benefit Tournament. The Turcotte Shooting Facility will be open the following day, Sunday, October 5th, at our normal hours.
Entrance Fees/Annual Range
As of 7-1-13, WMA Permits are no longer required to shoot at our Turcotte Range Facility. Instead, an entrance fee/permit system has been instituted. Shooters may pay by one of two methods: either (a) pay $5.50 per hour, or (b) purchase an Annual Range Permit (prices listed below).
More information on the fees charged at MDWFP public shooting facilities can
be found at LE - 6.1; Range Fees
- Annual Resident Range Permit - $42.29
- Annual Senior Range Permit - $22.29
- Annual Non-Resident Range Permit - $84.29
If severe weather is in the area, the Turcotte Shooting Range will close. For more information please call (601) 859-3421. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back periodically for status updates.
|Archery Range||Sight-In Range Open, 3-D Closed|
Summer Hours Begin March 1st
Thursday & Friday: Noon - 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Winter Hours Begin November 1st
Thursday & Friday: Noon - 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
The pistol range offers 16 shooting lanes with ranges from 3, 7, 15, 25, 50, and 60. Paper targets only.
The rifle range currently has fourteen shooting positions on seven tables available. We have movable target stands and shooters are able to engage targets out to 300 yards.
Our sporting clay range stretches a length of .6 mile through the woods. It is a compact range with tight challenging shots. We use an electronic clay counting system that allows a single shooter to use the course when the time delay option is selected. There are twelve (12) shooting stations on the course. One complete round of sporting clays is 50 shots. We charge $.25 per clay with one complete round totaling $12.50. We have golf carts available for rent at $5.00 per day.
Turcotte has two (2) Olympic style skeet ranges on the premises for shooters to hone their shooting abilities throughout the year.
We now offer a "Kamikaze Dove Field" simulating actual hunting conditions to ready you for hunting season or just to test your skills.
Turcotte offers a 3D archery range utilizing both known and unknown distance shots in a safe environment.
Other Range Information:
We offer targets for sale for both rifle and pistol ranges.
- WMA Permits are no longer required to shoot at our Turcotte
Range Facility. Instead, an entrance fee/permit system has been
instituted. Shooters may pay by one of two methods: either (a) pay
$5.50 per hour, or (b) purchase an Annual Range Permit. Prices for
the Range Permits are:
Annual Resident Range Permit - $42.29
Annual Senior Range Permit - $22.29
Annual Non-Resident Range Permit - $84.29
- All shooters must check in-and-out with Range Office.
- All shooters must fill out a Range Rules and Regulations document, once a year. This document is updated on March 1st of every year, and each shooter must have a current copy on file with the Turcotte Range Office. This form is available at the Turcotte Range Office, or can be downloaded from this website by clicking on "Range Rules" located below. After downloading this document, you may print it from your computer and complete it prior to your arrival at the range. It will take approximately 15-20 minutes, and each rule/regulation needs to be initialed in the space provided before each rule/regulation.
- All shooters and accompanying personnel (even though they're not shooting) must sign in and sign out on the "Turcotte Range Sign In/out Sheet," located on a clipboard in the Range Office, each time they visit the range facility.
- Hearing and Eye protection required at all times!!
- All firearms must be handled in a safe manner while on the range.
- When moving on and off the range facility, each firearm must be cased, holstered, or otherwise rendered safe with an "empty chamber indicator/flag" inserted into the firearm's chamber.
- Shooters are responsible for taking down and disposing of their paper targets, before departing the range.