Turcotte Shooting Range
Fine tune your shooting skills. Whether you want to get more proficient with your bow, sight in a new rifle, practice shooting your pistol, or hone your bird shooting skills, our Turcotte Range is the place to go. We have a pistol range, a 300-yard rifle range, 2 archery ranges, 2 skeet ranges, a 5-stand range, and a sporting clay course.
RANGE CLOSURE NOTICE
The range sporting clay range will be closed all Day Friday December 15.
MS Scholastic Shooting Program
The Mississippi Scholastic Shooting Program (MSSP) is a team-based, youth development program that uses the shotgun sports of 5-Stand, Skeet, and Sporting Clays to instill life skills such as discipline, safety, teamwork, ethics, self-confidence, and other life values.
** HANDGUN INSTRUCTION **
Handgun classes, including the Enhanced Carry Permit Class, are now being offered at Turcotte on the 1st, 3rd, and 4th Wednesdays of each month! What follows is our December through late February Class Schedule for Turcotte, then a listing of the type of classes that we are offering. If you need more information or wish to sign up for one of our classes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not delay, as classes are rapidly filling!
- December 20th: Basic Handgun 200 Class: (Cost: $17.66) Class is filled.
- December 27th: Basic Handgun 100 Class: (Cost: $17.66) Class is filled.
- January 3rd: Enhanced Carry Permit Class: (Cost: $107.00) Second Relay Available.
- January 17th: Basic Handgun 100 Class: (Cost: $17.66) Class is filled.
- January 24th: Basic Handgun 200 Class: (Cost: $17.66)
- February 7th: Basic Handgun 100 Class: (Cost: $17.66)
- February 21st: Enhanced Carry Permit Class: (Cost: $17.66)
ALL CLASSES WILL START AT 9:00 A.M. ON THEIR SCHEDULED DAY AND END APPROXIMATELY 5:30 P.M., UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE 2ND RELAY OF AN ENHANCED CARRY PERMIT CLASS. IN THAT CASE, WE MAY NOT FINISH UNTIL 6:30 OR 7:00 P.M.
Classes are held at the Hunter Education Building. Please click on the following class listings for information on the classes and for what you are required to bring to your respective class.
Entrance Fees/Annual Range Permits/Methods of Payment
As of 7-1-13, WMA Permits are no longer required to shoot at our Turcotte Range Facility. Instead, an entrance fee/permit system has been instituted. Shooters may pay by one of two methods: either (a) pay $5.50 per hour, or (b) purchase an Annual Range Permit (prices listed below).
We now accept payment with either a credit or a debit card, cash or a personal check!
More information on the fees charged at MDWFP public shooting facilities can be found at LE - 6.1; Range Fees.
- Annual Resident Range Permit - $42.29
- Annual Senior Range Permit - $22.29
- Annual Non-Resident Range Permit - $84.29
If severe weather is in the area, the Turcotte Shooting Range will close. For more information please call (601) 859-5164 on days that we are open. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back periodically for status updates.
|Pistol Range||Available whenever the range is open.|
|Rifle Range||Available whenever the range is open.|
|3D Archery||Available whenever the range is open.|
|Sporting Clay||Available whenever the range is open.|
|5 Stand||Available whenever the range is open.|
|Skeet Range||Available whenever the range is open.|
Summer Hours Begin March 1st
Thursday & Friday: Noon - 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Winter Hours Begin November 1st
Thursday & Friday: Noon - 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Rifle: The rifle range currently has fourteen shooting positions on seven tables available. We have movable target stands and shooters are able to engage targets out to 300 yards.
Handgun: Our handgun range has 12 shooter positions and firing lines at 3, 7, 15, 25, 50, and 60 yards. Only one firing line can be active at any time.
Our sporting clay range stretches a length of 1.3 miles through the woods. It is a newly constructed range with challenging shots throughout a woodland course. We use an electronic clay counting system that allows a single shooter to use the course when the time delay option is selected. There are twelve (12) shooting stations on the course. One complete round of sporting clays is 50 shots. We charge $.25 per clay; thus, if you throw only 50 clays/round, that round will cost you a total of $12.50. We have golf carts available for rent at $5.00 per day.
Turcotte has two (2) Olympic style skeet ranges on the premises for shooters to hone their shooting abilities throughout the year.
We offer a "Kamikaze Dove Field" simulating actual hunting conditions to ready you for hunting season or just to test your skills.
Turcotte offers a 3D archery range utilizing both known and unknown distance shots in a safe environment.
Other Range Information:
We offer targets for sale for both rifle and pistol ranges.
Neither tape nor staplers are provided, so make sure that you bring some means of affixing your target to our target stands on the rifle and pistol ranges!
- WMA Permits are no longer required to shoot at our Turcotte Range Facility. Instead, an entrance fee/permit system has been instituted. Shooters may pay by one of two methods: either (a) pay $5.50 per hour, or (b) purchase an Annual Range Permit. Prices for the Annual Range Permits are:
Annual Resident Range Permit - $42.29
Annual Senior Range Permit - $22.29
Annual Non-Resident Range Permit - $84.29
- All shooters must check in-and-out with our Range Office.
- All shooters must complete the Range Rules and Regulations documentation. In our new system, you only have to enter the required information and acknowledge that you've read and understand the rules, once. You will no longer be required to do this on an annual basis.
- All shooters and accompanying personnel (even though they're not shooting) must sign in and sign out on the "Turcotte Range Sign In/out Sheet," located on a clipboard in the Range Office, each time they visit the range facility.
- Hearing and eye protection required at all times!!
- All firearms must be handled in a safe manner while on the range.
- When moving on and off the range facility, each firearm must be unloaded, cased, or holstered. No one can touch a firearm unless they are on the forward edge of the active firing line!
- All shooting must cease 15 minutes prior to closing time, at which time all shooters & guests must proceed to the Range Office to sign out/check out.
- Shooters are responsible for taking down and disposing of their paper targets before departing the range.