The LeFleur Museum District (LMD) invites you to attend a special STEM-themed festival!
On Saturday, September 18, all four museums of the LMD (MDWFP's Mississippi Museum of Natural Science, Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Museum, Mississippi Children’s Museum, and the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame & Museum) will host a special day where experts and noted guests from science-based industries across the state will provide fun, hands-on educational experiences for children and families.
By bringing these experts together, MSF is able to show the range of career opportunities that exist while also sparking participants’ curiosity, excitement, and interest.
*Please note that MMNS Foundation Memberships will not be applicable on this date, as the $10 admission grants entry to all four LeFleur Museum District Museums.
Food vendors will be on-site, too. Your MSF ticket will include parking and your shuttle ride between museums from 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Masks are required on shuttles.
To learn more about this event as it develops and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.mssciencefest.org/.
EXHIBITORS AND FOOD TRUCKS AT MDWFP'S MISSISSIPPI MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCE:
- Afo’s Grill
- Hog Heaven
- Archaeological Conservancy
- Belhaven University Chemistry Department
- Bureau of Land Management
- Department Chemistry & Biochemistry of Mississippi College
- Department of Defense, Camp Shelby
- Eudora Welty Home and Garden
- Guy's Arrowheads and Stuff
- Madison Career Technical Robotics & Engineering
- Madison County Librarian
- MDWFP's MS Museum of Natural Science
- MS Archaeological Association
- MS Department of Environmental Quality
- MS Forestry Commission
- MS Geographic Alliance
- MS State University
- NASA (2 p.m.) - INTERACTIVE ZOOM IN THE MUSEUM'S ROTWEIN THEATER (will also be broadcast on the museum's Facebook page)
- Outside in MS
SPECIAL ZOOM / FACEBOOK LIVE AT 2 P.M. in the Museum's Rotwein Theater
NEW LEFLEUR'S BLUFF EDUCATION & TOURISM COMPLEX PLAYGROUND
GET MUSEUM NEWS AND EVENT INFO IN YOUR EMAIL INBOX
CATCH THE RECORDINGS OF THE 2021 VIRTUAL FOSSIL ROAD SHOW
ON THE MUSEUM FACEBOOK PAGE
The “Fossil Road Show” went VIRTUAL on the museum’s Facebook page on March 6, 2021!
The virtual event kicked-off with a FACEBOOK LIVE featuring museum paleontology curator, George Phillips followed by several pre-recorded videos including:
- Fossil experts sharing opinions about the ages and identities of specimens that have been submitted for identification, and
- Short videos about Mississippi’s rich fossil history from contributing exhibitors from around the state.
FACEBOOK LIVE AND VIDEO SCHEDULE:
MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science recently unveiled “Bird Flight”, a stunning, permanent exhibit created in memory of B.E. Gandy, Museum Director/Curator from 1958–1987. Learn how birds fly, measure your wingspan, and see a murmuration, in this fascinating exhibit.
Flying enables birds to escape predators, look for food, and migrate. As an avid birder, Mr. Gandy was fascinated by bird flight, especially the phenomenon of bird murmurations. A murmuration is a flock of hundreds or thousands of birds flying in a whirling, twisting, morphing pattern.
The LeFleur Museum District includes 2 museums on Lakeland Drive and 2 museums on Museum Boulevard. Lakeland Drive and Museum Boulevard intersect one block east of Interstate 55 on Lakeland Drive in Jackson, MS.
Click here to download the LeFleur Museum District Rack Card.
Click here to purchase a discounted LeFleur Museum District Pass.