Saturday, April 2, 2022
Time: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: MDWFP's Mississippi Museum of Natural Science
For more information please contact the Visitor Information Specialist at 601-576-6000 or by email at email@example.com
NatureFEST 2022 is a festival, a nature outing, and a fascinating museum trip all wrapped into one exciting day!
From live animals encounters to fish feedings by divers in our giant aquariums, NatureFEST! offers something for everyone.
Families and young budding scientists won't want to miss live demonstrations of Mississippi reptiles, citizen scientist explorations, and behind-the-scenes tours with our scientists.
This event is included with museum admission or MMNS Foundation Membership.
- Live animal programs with Freedom Ranch Outreach Education and demonstrations of Mississippi reptiles with Terry Vandeventer
- Dorian LaChance Magic Show
- Air pressure demonstrations with Miss Mississippi for America, Lauren McDonald
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the museum’s research wing and collections to meet scientists
- SCUBA diver fish feedings in the museum’s aquariums, a look at the inner workings behind the aquariums
- Outdoor play: look for fossils in the Red Hot Fossil dig, play with the giant Earth ball, make the biggest bubbles on the planet, hike the beautiful springtime trails, and explore the new Playground.
Food trucks and face painting will also be on-site (not included with admission or MMNSF Membership).
NOTE: Vendors and activities subject to change.
Freedom Ranch will conduct LIVE animal programs as part of our celebration of 22 years of NatureFEST!
Freedom Ranch is a traveling conservation education program that was formed in order to educate, inspire, and empower people of all ages to care for and enjoy wildlife. We are glad that they are joining us this year with their “extreme animal” program. Guests will get to meet and learn about the Sudan plated lizard, chinchilla, vultures, and the great horned owl. To learn more about the event’s schedule, map, and family-friendly fun stay tuned to this page and the museum's Facebook page.
PHOTOS FROM PAST "NATUREFEST!" EVENTS: