THE MUSEUM HAS RE-OPENED. TIMED RESERVATIONS AND MASKS ARE REQUIRED. See below for details.
MUSEUM RE-OPENING POLICIES & PROCEDURES:
Thanks for your interest in visiting the Museum! The museum and trails have re-opened. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the museum and working together to ensure a safe and healthy environment. New policies include timed arrival reservations, required wearing of masks by employees and visitors, removal of most touchable objects, postponement of in-person events, and other health and safety procedures.
TIMED ARRIVAL RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO VISIT THE MUSEUM. Your health is our top priority. Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the number of visitors that will be allowed in the Museum at any one time. Groups are welcome, but are limited to 10 people. This will be accomplished by taking limited reservations for admission on the hour and half hour throughout the day. Your reservation will allow Museum admission from 15 minutes before to 15 minutes after your reserved time. The length of your stay will not be limited. The last reservation time is 4 p.m. The museum is open: M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., SAT 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., and SUN 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures include:
- Employees will wear masks and/or gloves, wash their hands frequently, and implement enhanced cleaning practices - including periodic total facility disinfecting services. Sanitation stations will be placed at the entrance and other locations.
- Timed arrival reservations are required for visitors and MMNS Foundation Members to ensure that visitation levels remain safe. Groups are limited to 10 total attendees. Tickets will be paid for at the door. Visitors will be directed to a single entrance to check-in with marked six-foot spacing. Visitors are required to wear masks (which will be provided or available for purchase).
- The elevator is restricted to a single family, group, or individual at a time. Visitors will be guided on one-way paths. Signage encourages constant social distancing. Interactive encounters with artifacts and animals will be offered in public areas, but touching is not allowed.
- The Museum gift shop is closed to browsing, but customers may request items from an employee. Payments for merchandise may also be taken over the phone and delivered curbside.
- The preschool room will remain closed to individual families, but schools/daycares may schedule a program by calling 601-576-6000. The room will be disinfected after every use.
MUSEUM HISTORY, HOURS, CONTACT INFO, AND ADMISSION PRICES
Please click here for an overview of the museum's facility and history.
Museum Days and Hours
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Museum Closed on the Following Dates:
Note: Subject to change. Please call to confirm before visiting.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Museum Address & Phone
The museum is located off Lakeland Drive at Interstate 55 in Northeast Jackson, Mississippi within LeFleur's Bluff State Park.
Phone: (601) 576-6000
Fax: (601) 354-7227
MDWFP Museum of Natural Science
2148 Riverside Drive
Jackson, Mississippi 39202-1353
- Adults - $6
- Youth Ages 3-18 - $4
- Senior Citizens 60 and Over - $5
- Children Under 3 - FREE
- School Teachers with Classes - Call for Group Information
Purchase Tickets Online:
MDWFP MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCE TICKETS ONLY. Click on the orange Attractions Passport link below to purchase MDWFP Museum of Natural Science tickets online.
LEFLEUR MUSEUM DISTRICT PASS. Click on the LMD logo below to purchase the LeFleur Museum District Pass online.