Visitor Education Center
The VEC will reopen July 28.
COVID-19 Procedures at VEC:
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask and social distancing requirements must be adhered to (maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet between individuals). Masks will not be available at the VEC.
- The VEC will be disinfected each evening and between groups during the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at the entrance and exit of the VEC.
- Programs will still take place, but no hands-on activities are scheduled at present. Seating will be spaced, and the room will be disinfected after and between events.
- Arrows will provide one-directional walking paths through exhibits.
- Only one group at a time is allowed into the hatchery observation area.
- VEC staff will wear masks, wear gloves, and wash hands.
- Guided groups will currently be limited to 10 participants.
- Literature and gift shop items are still available. However, visitors need to request these items from a staff member.
- For questions, please call the VEC at (662) 563-8068.
The Visitor Education Center (VEC) at the North Mississippi Fish Hatchery in Enid provides an educational and entertaining experience that promotes freshwater sport fishing, encourages the conservation and stewardship of aquatic resources, and offers information about the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks. The complex is located on 58 acres and is less than a quarter mile from Interstate 55. The facility, which is operated by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, is easily accessible to Mississippi residents and out-of-state visitors.
The Visitor Education Center at the North Mississippi Fish Hatchery is the first and only facility of its kind in Mississippi. The Center features a native habitat area, a 10,000 gallon aquarium, interactive exhibits, displays, artifacts, fishing rodeo pond, gift shop and gallery, and the World Record White Crappie. All of these elements serve as entertaining and engaging learning experiences for all visitors, especially children.
The Center promotes the sport of freshwater fishing in Mississippi, and encourages the conservation and stewardship of aquatic resources.
The facility offers guided and self-guided tours along with a myriad of programs and workshops for the public. Check our EVENTS page to see a scheduled calendar of events and programs.
Phone: (662) 563-8068
North Mississippi Fish Hatchery and Visitor Education Center
P.O. Box 100
457 CR 36
Enid, Mississippi 38927
Hours of Operation
March - October
Open Tuesday - Saturday - 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Closed Sunday & Monday
November - February
Open Monday - Friday - 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Adults (Ages 18 - 59): $2.50
Adults (Age 60+): $2.00
School Groups (Per Student): $2.00
Children (Ages 3 - 17): $2.00
Children (Under 3): No Charge
School Teachers with Classes and Bus Drivers: No Charge
Active Military: No Charge
Group Visitations (Guided Tours)
The Visitor Education Center is always open for self-guided tours. To schedule a guided tour, please fill out the Online Registration Form or call the Visitor Education Center.
Conference Room Reservations
The Visitor Education Center also houses a conference room that can be rented out for business meetings and other gatherings. For more details and a rental form, please contact the NMFH VEC at the number above.