McHenry Shooting Range
Fine tune your shooting skills. Whether you want to get more proficient with your bow, sight in a new rifle or hone your shotgun skills, McHenry Range is the place to go. It offers pistol ranges, rifle ranges at different distances, archery ranges, skeet range, trap range, and a 5 stand clay range.
MS Scholastic Shooting Program
The Mississippi Scholastic Shooting Program (MSSP) is a team-based, youth development program that uses the shotgun sports of 5-Stand, Skeet, and Sporting Clays to instill life skills such as discipline, safety, teamwork, ethics, self-confidence, and other life values.
** HANDGUN INSTRUCTION **
Handgun classes, including the Enhanced Carry Permit Class, are now being offered at our McHenry Range on the 2nd Tuesday and Wednesday of each month! What follows is our September through October Class Schedule for our McHenry Range, then a listing of the type classes that we are offering. If you need more information or wish to sign up for one of our classes, please email Reno at email@example.com or call us during our normal working hours at (601) 859-5164.
- 10/9/2018 Basic Handgun 100 Class (Cost: $17.66)
- 11/13/2018 Basic Handgun 200 Class (Cost: $17.66)
- 11/14/2018 Enhanced Carry Permit Class (Cost: $107.00)
ALL CLASSES WILL START AT 9:00 A.M. ON THERE SCHEDULED DAY !!!
Annual Range Permits
As of 7-1-13, Annual Range Permits are required (prices listed below) to shoot at our McHenry Range Facility. WMA Permits purchased before 7-1-13 will be honored until they expire.
Rules and Fees for MDWFP public shooting ranges.
- Annual Resident Range Permit - $42.29
- Annual Senior Range Permit - $22.29
- Annual Non-Resident Range Permit - $84.29
If severe weather is in the area, the McHenry Shooting Range will close. For more information please call (601) 928-1645. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back periodically for status updates.
Summer Hours Begin March 1st
Thursday & Friday: Noon - 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Winter Hours Begin November 1st
Thursday & Friday: Noon - 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
*** RANGE CLOSURE NOTICE ***
The Pistol Range offers 20 shooting lanes with ranges from 5, 10 and 20 yards. Shooters will utilize target stands and frames provided by McHenry Range.
The rifle ranges offer two ranges with ten shooting tables per range. We provide movable target stands and shooters are able to engage targets out to 170 yards
McHenry offers one trap range that promises to challenge your shotgun shooting abilities.
McHenry Range has three Olympic style skeet ranges on the premises for shooters to hone their shooting abilities throughout the year.
The 5 Stand located in the heart of McHenry Range Facility offers the most unique shotgun shooting experience you will ever encounter. The 5 Stand is built on a pier overlooking a small lake surrounded by sporting clay throwers. Actual hunting conditions will ready you for hunting season or just to test your skills.
McHenry offers two archery ranges utilizing both known distance sighting-in targets and 3D animal targets at unknown distances.
Other Range Information:
We offer targets for sale for use on both rifle and pistol ranges.
- All shooters must check in-and-out with Range Officer.
- All shooters will be provided range rules and regulations upon check-in.
- All shooters will complete a "Daily Use Permit" each time they visit the McHenry Range Facility.
- Hearing and Eye protection is required while on the shooting ranges at all times.
- All firearms will be handled in a safe manner while at the range.
- When moving on and off the range, firearms should be cased, holstered,
or otherwise rendered safe.
- Shooters are responsible for policing-up their brass and targets.