J.P. Coleman State Park
Iuka, MS 38852
P: (662) 423-6515
Perched on a rocky bluff overlooking the Tennessee River, J.P. Coleman State Park offers the finest in all types of water sports. Visitors experience unmatched sailing, swimming, skiing, and fishing for Smallmouth bass in the sparkling waters of Pickwick Lake, and enjoy camping and exploring in the untamed wilderness along the banks of the Tennessee River.
Directions and Park Map
A day-use entry fee is charged on a per vehicle basis
- Private vehicle entrance fee is $4.00 plus $.50 for each person over 6 people
Stay the Night
There are several options when it comes to staying overnight. The park offers 69 RV campsites, 9 primitive camping sites, 20 cabins (duplex style), 3 cottages, 16 motel rooms, and 3 townhouses. Facilities are located with views of Pickwick Lake.
Reservations are encouraged and can be made by calling the park at (662) 423-6515 or by online reservations. Our online reservation system is hosted by Reserve America.
Things to Do
A variety of recreational activities and facilities are available at J. P. Coleman State Park. Facilities for use include: visitor center and conference room, marina, boat launch, picnic tables and grills, picnic pavilions, playgrounds, swimming pool, and miniature golf. Fishing, boating, and water skiing are available on Pickwick Lake, a 47,500 acre freshwater lake.
- Visitor Center and Conference Room
- Day Use Area: Picnic, Playground, Miniature Golf, Swimming Pool
- Marina, Fishing and Boating
Park Photo Album
Photo album include pictures of lodging facilities
Things to Know
Mississippi State Park Fees, Rules and Regulations
The following attractions are located within a short drive of J.P. Coleman State Park. The park staff will be happy to provide you with directions.
- Divide Section Wildlife Management Area
- John Bell Williams Wildlife Management Area
- Pickwick Lake
- Tishomingo State Park
- Shiloh Civil War Battlefield
- Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway
- House Boat Rental
- Historic Homes and Civil War Sites (Corinth)
- Adkins Farms (Booneville)